Friday, March 16, 2012

Mahucutah: Habemus cover

Hello friends,

This is just an update in my latest (and first) publication effort. Months ago I searched for various illustrators to make me a nice cover for my long loved fantasy story, Mahucutah, the Legend of Coyolxauhqui, which I intend to self-publish hopefully this weekend at Smashwords.com.

After various discussions and arrangements, I ended up working with my dear friend Jose Cerpa, with whom I took a digital illustration course last year. Jose's realistic illustrations made me think of him immediately for the work, and so I decided to make some sketches of tentative cover designs for Mahucutah.

After long and frustrating hours of anatomical mistakes (I'm not a pro painter, yet!!!) the final design can be found in my deviantart gallery at:

http://saktiphoenix.deviantart.com/#/d4rgnj1

After two weeks of coming back and forth, today I am proud to announce that Jose has finally finished the illustration, and it is magnificent. You can find the final cover here:

http://suryadasa.deviantart.com/art/Coyolxauhqui-290540488


No comments:

Post a Comment